Notice of Public Rights & Publication of unaudited Annual Return 2018/2019
BERSTED PARISH COUNCIL
NOTICE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS AND PUBLICATION OF
UNAUDITED ANNUAL RETURN
Accounts for the Year Ended 31 March 2019
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 Sections 26 and 27
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234)
- Date of announcement: 3rd June 2019
- Each year the body’s Annual Return needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by the Audit Commission. The unaudited Annual Return has been published with this notice. As it has yet to be reviewed by the appointed auditor it is subject to change as a result of that review.
Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounting records for the financial year to which the audit relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be available for inspection by any person interested. For the year ended 31st March 2019 these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
The Clerk to the Council,
Bersted Jubilee Hall
West Sussex. PO21 5TU.
Between the hours of 10:00 and 14:00, Monday to Friday.
Commencing on Monday 3rd June 2019
And ending on Friday 12th July 2019
- Local government electors and their representatives also have:
- The opportunity to question the appointed auditor about the accounting records; and
- The right to make objections which concerns a matter in respect of which the appointed auditor could either make a public interest report or apply to the court for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the body.
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the above dates only.
- The body’s Annual Report is subject to review by the appointed auditor under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the NAO’s Code of Audit Practice. The appointed auditor is:
Minerva Business Park
- This announcement is made by Debbie Holcombe, Clerk & Responsible Financial Officer
Sections 1 & 2 of Annual Governance & Accountability Return 2018 - 2019
Annual Internal Auditors Report 2018 - 2019